Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Pictures

  Hey, Thank you all so much for the compliments on my photos! One thing I did notice is that you were really wanting the stories that go with these pictures.  As for the stories...Well the story here is really more mine than it is of anyone here that I have photographed. I went to this fair with the idea of getting over my fear of taking photos of strangers. I learned from a new friend and awesome photographer about an exercise he did in a photography class that he took, an exercise designed to help the students lose their fear of photographing strangers. The exercise is to go out and make 50 images of strangers,  images where the face fills the frame, and images taken with a 50mm lens so that the photographer needs to get in close.
 I took many photos of strangers this night at the fair, none where the face actually filled the frame, but images of strangers , and images that I am happy with. I did indeed need to talk to these people to get the closer up shots, but mostly I just approached the people and asked if I could take their photo. People at the fair are very excited to get their photo taken I learned...everyone is out to be seen and is happy when you have singled them out...for the most part. So, this is just one more exercise in my long education...It was the most fun I have had in a long time. I felt like I was doing "my thing".



3 comments:

  1. AH I love this picture. It endears me to you, Andros, and RCC simultaneously. And the window partitions make it look like there's three little photos at the top. NICE work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought that strangers would be happy to have a picture taken. I will try that and hope my photos can improve. Yours are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now I'm inspired to get back to work and post some more!!

      Delete